Work with us
Here at BirdLife Malta we pride ourselves on being an international team working towards conserving Europe’s migratory birds in Malta. If you’re passionate about the environment and conservation, and would like to join our expanding team, then check out our current vacancies below.
Here are the available job vacancies and volunteering opportunities we have at the moment (for more detailed info on each, go to the relevant tab below):
Job vacancies (full-time & part-time)
- Finance Administrator
- We have no open volunteering opportunities at the moment.
For more environmental jobs and volunteering see environmentjob.co.uk.
Job Title Finance Administrator (full-time)
Location of Job BirdLife Malta Office
Post holder reports to Finance Manager
Reporting to Post Holder None
Start Date As soon as possible
Contract Length Not specified
Overall Purpose of the Job
This full-time role supports two crucial areas of BirdLife Malta work: finance and LIFE project delivery. Half of the time this position will focus on ensuring finance transactions are effective. The rest of the time will focus on supporting the delivery of the new LIFE PanPuffinus! project through administrative support, financial administration and effective record-keeping.
50% of role:
To ensure that the finance procedures and transactions of BirdLife Malta are recorded efficiently and to make sure that they are adhered to and managed correctly by all members.
50% of role:
To provide administrative support to the new project LIFE PanPuffinus!
To liaise with project partners and collate information and,
To undertake financial administration and ensure proper record keeping for audits
Main Duties are split between:
Financial operations and Administration Erasmus+ ESC
– To deal with the financial transactions linked to membership including banking cheques, overseeing internet transactions, and ensuring direct debits are claimed;
– To log all relevant transactions on finance software under the direction of the Finance Manager;
– To prepare payments of all expenditure incurred, including ESC allowances;
– To keep track of all donations received in the office by processing the donations, keeping records of all income through sales of merchandise received, and depositing cash income on a regular basis to the bank accounts;
– Ensure that periodic bank reconciliations are completed;
– Accurate maintenance of petty cash accounts and fundraising income cash accounts, ensuring that balances reported agree with the physical cash held;
– Maintain the chart of accounts;
– To fill in Intrastat declaration;
– To fill in the VAT return;
– To assist the Finance Manager and the project manager in preparation and submission of any other reports of financial nature as may be required from time to time by the CEO;
– Assisting the project manager in purchasing of Equipment, including acquiring quotations;
– To post all income and expenditures into Sage on a monthly basis;
– To provide administrative assistance to staff and volunteers as required and as time allows;
– To liaise with the NA regarding ESC projects.
LIFE Project Administration
– To provide the Project Manager with professional administrative support;
– To assist with the organisation of events, workshops and meetings;
– To assist in the preparation and production of reports for the Project Partners Steering Group and European Commission;
– To assist in the maintenance of the accounting and reporting systems necessary for running the LIFE project;
– To help promote awareness of the aims, activities and results of the LIFE project;
– To reply to queries and requests for information;
– To assist Project Manager with time keeping records of staff and project partners (timesheet), development of progress report;
– Other duties as may be required by the Project Manager and Finance Manager.
– Reports to the Finance Manager on all finance matters;
– Assistance with banking transaction on behalf of the organisation, ensuring complete and concise reports when requested;
– Other tasks as assigned by the Finance Manager and/or the Project Manager.
We expect you to carry out your job responsibilities in an environmentally-aware manner, ensuring as little damage to the environment as possible. Our aim is to ensure all resources are utilised effectively and efficiently. You will be expected to apply ‘sound value for money’ principles in undertaking purchasing or supply of goods and services.
To apply please send an email to [email protected] together with a recent CV and a motivation letter.