Competition dates: 10-30 November 2020
Exhibition dates: 7-20 December 2020
Winner announcement: 11 January 2021
Enjoy taking photos? Would you like the opportunity to have your photos displayed at Salina Nature Reserve? Then get involved with our exciting new annual photo competition!
Entries open on Tuesday 10th November 2020 and will close at 12pm on Monday 30th November 2020. Please read all the details below to ensure a valid entry.
We have three categories to choose from, which include 16-years-old and under, adults, and professionals. This year’s theme is ‘Birds of Malta’, however for our 16-and-under category any wildlife-related photos will be accepted.
If you wish to participate please email email@example.com with “2020 photo exhibit” as the subject. Attach your picture and include your full name and choice of category you wish to enter. If you are entering on behalf of a child please include the name of the child in the email. The winner will be contacted via the email used for entry by mid January 2021.
Rules of entry
1. Only one choice of category can be entered, therefore, if you enter ‘adults’ you cannot also submit a photo into ‘professional’. Emails will be checked and multiple entries will not be accepted.
2. Only one entry per person is allowed, multiple entries will not be accepted.
3. Entries will be open from 10th November 2020 and will close at 12pm on Monday 30th November. Any entries received after this date will not be considered.
4. You must be happy to be contacted after the event via email if you are chosen as a winner.
The top five will be chosen by a public vote with the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd placed winners chosen by our professional judges from the top five. For this first exhibition, we are also giving away some great prizes for our chosen winners from each category:
The children’s prizes
- 1st prize: binoculars, and print of winning photo which will be displayed at Salina Nature Reserve for a full year.
- 2nd prize: Bird memory game and a print of the photo.
- 3rd prize: Għasafar Madwarna book and a print of the photo.
The adults’ & professionals’ prizes
- 1st prize: Our latest publication A hundred experiences of a bird photographer in Malta by Aron Tanti, free membership for one year and your photo displayed at Salina Nature Reserve for one year.
- 2nd prize: History of Ornithology in Malta book and free membership for one year.
- 3rd prize: Free membership for one year and a BirdLife Malta tote bag.
We will also be displaying all the entries at a two-week exhibition at Salina Nature Reserve so that everyone can enjoy the exhibits safely whilst still adhering to the current COVID-19 restrictions. The exhibition will be open for viewing from the 7th-20th December 2020 during the reserve’s opening hours.
We look forward to seeing all the amazing entries, good luck and happy snapping!