Work with us
Here at BirdLife Malta we pride ourselves on being an international team working towards conserving Europe’s migratory birds in Malta. If you’re passionate about the environment and conservation, and would like to join our expanding team, then check out our current vacancies below. For more environmental jobs and volunteering see environmentjob.co.uk.
European Solidarity Corps vacancy
Administration & Finance Assistant
Dates: 1st May 2021 – 30th April 2022
Costs: Voluntary position, but all living costs will be covered and accommodation provided
Number of positions (1):
- Administration & Finance Assistant
BirdLife Malta is looking for a new full-time volunteer to join their international team protecting birds and their habitats and inspiring and educating people about birds and nature in the Maltese Islands. The volunteer will be based in our offices and at our nature reserves in Malta. Those who have previously participated in a long-term Erasmus+ European Voluntary Service (EVS) scheme or long-term Erasmus+ Volunteering scheme are not eligible to apply for this position.
- Aged 18-30
- A citizen of one of the partner or programme countries
- Outgoing, friendly, keen to meet new people, socialise, and experience a different culture
- Interested in bird conservation and/or environmental protection
- Interested in improving bird, flora and other taxa identification skills
- Interested in inspiring and educating people about birds and the natural world
- Willing to develop administration, time management, numeracy, and interpersonal skills
- Willing to learn and having an adaptable approach in line with the needs of a charitable organisation’s structure including working flexible and occasional long hours, which could include weekends and public holidays
The European Solidarity Corps programme will provide you:
- Accommodation in a shared room close to our offices in Ta’ Xbiex/in the northern part of the island close to our nature reserves, or with host families
- Coverage of all living costs such as electricity, water, gas, and internet
- Reimbursement of the flight and other transport costs (bus, train, metro, visa) to/from Malta, up to a certain limit
- €300 monthly allowance
- Private CIGNA insurance
Description of duties:
ADMINISTRATION & FINANCE ASSISTANT
As the main point of contact for the BirdLife Malta office, excellent people skills are a must. The role will be primarily supporting administration, membership, finance and merchandise, but from time to time will include assistance in events and other ad hoc tasks. The chosen applicant should have an interest in nature and environment and a good command of English. The volunteer will have the following duties:
- Office logistics (stationery control, suppliers management, office general supplies)
- Basic office duties including acting as the main point of contact through answering the telephone and dealing with incoming mail
- General HR duties (recruitment, staff meetings, staff development, volunteer management)
- Administrative support to projects (LIFE, Erasmus+, ESC, etc.)
- Properties and assets management (volunteers’ residence)
- Payments and reconciliation
- Basic IT support (emails, printers configuration, etc.)
- Membership management (process new memberships and renewals, management of the CRM system and database, preparation of annual, monthly and weekly reports)
- Manage the stock for BirdLife Malta’s merchandise
- Assist with the coordination and implementation of events and campaigns
- Draft and produce written correspondence such as letters, reports and other documents
Please download and fill in the application form, and return in PDF format to email@example.com with subject: Application for (European Solidarity Corps) Administration & Finance Assistant together with an updated CV. Please note that CVs without the application form filled in will not be considered.
We highly recommend that you visit our website on www.birdlifemalta.org for further information before applying.
Applications close on Thursday 8th April 2021. Telephone/Skype interviews will take place shortly afterwards. Please note that incomplete and/or late applications will not be taken into consideration.