Here at BirdLife Malta we pride ourselves on being an international team working towards conserving Europe’s migratory birds in Malta. If you’re passionate about the environment and conservation, and would like to join our expanding team, then check out our vacancies below.
Job Title: LIFE Arċipelagu Garnija Technical Officer (lighting and engineering specialist)
Location of job: BirdLife Malta offices in Xemxija and at various sites in the Maltese Islands
Post holder reports to: Project Manager
Reporting to post holder: N/A
Overall purpose of the job: To carry out a range of duties related to light pollution affecting Yelkouan Shearwater colonies in the Maltese Islands
Research and data gathering
- Develop a methodology to determine the necessary techniques and ways forward to reduce light pollution at specific localities
- Assist in the in the creation of a comprehensive map of the exposure of Yelkouan Shearwater colonies to light pollution and identifying light sources following a best practice protocol
- Desk based work to compile process and analyse data collected
- Assist in the organisation of meetings and workshops involving authorities and stakeholders
- Assist in the organisation of events involving volunteers
- Carry out a review of current policies and legislation on light pollution in Malta.
- To produce reports as required by the project
- The employee must be willing to work in outdoors whilst taking light pollution measures at night
- Required to maintain confidential information
Fixed-term contract for one year with the possibility of extension to two years.
We expect you to carry out your job responsibilities in an environmentally-aware manner, ensuring as little damage to the environment as possible. Our aim is to ensure all resources are utilised effectively and efficiently. You will be expected to apply ‘sound value for money’ principles in undertaking purchasing or supply of goods and services.
BirdLife Malta’s volunteers are a major resource and make a vital contribution to our work conserving wild birds and the environment. You will be expected to encourage, develop and support volunteer involvement in our work.
All employees are expected to carry out risk assessment for events and activities involving the public.
All employees are expected to follow BirdLife Malta’s prescribed policies and procedures.
Click here for the full job description and person specification.
Please send a cover letter and CV to: email@example.com
For further information visit www.birdlifemalta.org/arcipelagugarnija