Work with us
Here at BirdLife Malta we pride ourselves on being an international team working towards conserving Europe’s migratory birds in Malta. If you’re passionate about the environment and conservation, and would like to join our expanding team, then check out our current vacancies below.
Erasmus+ European Voluntary Service Vacancy
Software developer/IT administrator
Dates: Fixed term for 12 months.
Costs: Voluntary position, but all living costs will be covered and accommodation provided.
BirdLife Malta is looking for a new full-time voluntary assistant to join their international team protecting birds and their habitats and inspiring and educating people about birds and nature in the Maltese Islands. The volunteer assistant will be based in our offices and at our nature reserves in Malta. Those who have previously participated in the Erasmus+ European Voluntary Service (EVS) scheme are NOT eligible to apply for these positions.
- Aged 18-30
- A citizen of one of the programme or partner countries listed on erasmusplus.org.uk/participating-countries
- Outgoing, friendly, keen to meet new people, socialise, and experience a different culture
- Interested in bird conservation and/or environmental protection
- Interested in improving bird, flora and other taxa identification skills
- Interested in inspiring and educating people about birds and the natural world
- Willing to do hands-on conservation work ranging from fieldwork aimed at protection of wild birds from illegal killing to raising public awareness in events
- Willing to develop administration, time management, numeracy, and interpersonal skills
- Willing to learn and having an adaptable approach in line with the needs of a charitable organisation’s structure including working flexible and occasional long hours
- Physically fit (for essential fieldwork)
- Preferably possess a valid driving license
The EVS programme will provide you:
- Accommodation in a shared room near our premises in Ta’ Xbiex
- Coverage of all living costs such as electricity, water, gas, and internet
- Reimbursement of the flight and other transport costs (bus, train, metro, visa) up to a certain limit
- €300 monthly allowance
- Private CIGNA insurance
Description of duties:
There is the opportunity for the volunteer to gain a wide range of experience and skills across the organisation. Specific duties for this position are as follows:
|SOFTWARE DEVELOPER/IT ADMINISTRATOR (1 position)|
The ideal candidate needs to be fluent in software programming and developing. Those with the requested skills but without the relevant studies will be examined as well. The chosen applicant should have an interest in nature and environment. Knowledge of birds is desirable but not essential. The candidate has to have experience with PHP and C++ languages as well as a good command of English. Other software languages and skills will be assessed during the interview. Reporting directly to the Finance Manager, the Software Developer will:
- Create/modify the website according to Communication, Finance and Administration guidelines and needs
- Develop a dedicated website and/or pages for fundraising schemes including payment procedures and renewal processes
- Help in the development of a fully-operational cloud sales management system (Dolicloud)
- Help with other online payment systems
- Help with basic IT-related tasks
Please download and fill in the application form.
Completed applications should be returned to email@example.com with subject: Application for EVS Assistant together with an updated CV. Please note that CVs without the application form filled in will not be considered.
The position is funded by Erasmus+.
Applications close on 16th April 2018. Telephone/Skype interviews will take place shortly afterwards.
Please note that incomplete and/or late applications will not be taken into consideration.