Date: Friday, 20 October 2017
Time: 18:30 – 21:00
Location: Salina Nature Reserve (Visitors’ Centre)
The Annual General Meeting (AGM) of BirdLife Malta will be held on Friday 20th October 2017 at the Salina Visitors’ Centre, starting at 18:30. We expect the meeting to be over by 21:00.
During this year’s Annual General Meeting, apart from presentations on the operations of BirdLife Malta, there will be the elections for the eNGO’s Council. BirdLife Malta received 12 candidate applications and as per statute there will be an election to select 11.
The AGM will commence with Secretary General Saviour Balzan’s opening address and will include an audio-visual presentation together with a discussion. The annual presentation by CEO Mark Sultana will then be on the agenda, followed by the presentation of the Financial Statements. The election of the Council will then follow and this will be the highlight of the event. Members will be able to vote throughout the meeting after the candidates are introduced and the process is explained. The result will be announced at the end followed by the closing address by BirdLife Malta President Darryl Grima.
This is the agenda of the Annual General Meeting in more detail:
- Introduction by BirdLife Malta General Secretary Saviour Balzan
- Video clip about BirdLife Malta’s Turtle Dove satellite-tagging project
- Introduction of Council election candidates by Electoral Commissioner Joe Mangion and explanation of voting procedure
- Start of voting
- Presentation by BirdLife Malta CEO Mark Sultana
- Audiovisual message by BirdLife International CEO Patricia Zurita
- Discussion on ‘The value of biodiversity in Malta’ with the participation of Minister for the Environment, Sustainable Development and Climate Change Josè Herrera; Opposition Spokesperson on the Environment Karol Aquilina; Partit Demokratiku’s Marlene Farrugia and Alternattiva Demokratika – The Green Party Chairperson Carmel Cacopardo
- Presentation of the 2017-18 Financial Statements
- Announcement of Council election results
- Closing remarks by BirdLife Malta President Darryl Grima
Click here to see the list of candidates for this year’s Council election.
THIS EVENT IS OPEN ONLY FOR MEMBERS. Only paid-up members will be able to vote in the Council election.