Pay for your Nature Guardians spring 2024 programme here!
ATTENTION! Before proceeding to payment, please make sure that you have first filled in the booking form here.
After completing the Google Form application, you can affect the payment. Please fill in personal details in the checkout page.
You will receive a receipt by email which you will need to present on the first day of the course. In case of difficulty please email [email protected].
6 in stock
Nature is constantly under attack from human greed and encroachment. This is especially the case in a country like ours where green spaces come at a premium. Nature needs our help. Nature needs protection, conservation and where necessary restoration.
Nature needs Nature Guardians!
With this in mind and with a dream of a future generation which cares and acts in favour of nature, BirdLife Malta is once again launching Nature Guardians/Warden for a Day: a three-month course for children aged 7 to 11. The course will run on 12 consecutive Saturdays between March and June 2024, with a break for the Easter holidays (see dates below).
This fun, hands-on learning course will look into the wonders of local nature, be it the smallest insect, to the most curious tree and the fascinating birds. Held outdoors at the Salina, Simar, Għadira and Foresta 2000 Nature Reserves, a small group of children will learn what it means to manage habitats and improve them for the good of flora and fauna. We will monitor migration, build bug hotels and nest boxes, set up freshwater ponds and much more. These three months will be a voyage in which children will make new friends, bond with nature and become more conscious and appreciative of the need to take care and act in favour of nature.
Meeting point will always be Salina Nature Reserve and when necessary, transport to the other nature reserves (included in the fee) will be provided by BirdLife Malta.
The cost of the course, which includes a Nature Guardians T-shirt and cap or Hoodie, as well as working gloves, is €260. Booking will be on a first-come, first-served basis, with a maximum of only 12 children accepted, so hurry up and complete application and payment.
- Session 1 Saturday 9th March 2024, 8:30am–11:30am
- Session 2 Saturday 16th March 2024, 8:30am–11:30am
- Session 3 Saturday 23rd March 2024, 8:30am–11:30am
- Session 4 Saturday 6th April 2024, 8:30am–11:30am
- Session 5 Saturday 13th April 2024, 8:30am–11:30am
- Session 6 Saturday 20th April 2024, 8:30am–11:30am
- Session 7 Saturday 27th April 2024, 8:30am–11:30am
- Session 8 Saturday 4th May 2024, 8:30am–11:30am
- Session 9 Saturday 11th May 2024, 8:30am–11:30am
- Session 10 Saturday 18th May 2024, 8:30am–11:30am
- Session 11 Saturday 25th May 2024, 8:30am–11:30am
- Session 12 Saturday 1st June 2024, 8:30am–11:30am (followed by graduation ceremony)
Following the last session on Saturday 1st June 2024, a closing ceremony event will be held at Salina during which certificates of accomplishment will be presented to all participants.